LEGO® Serious Play® is the facilitated – communication, thinking, creative and problem solving – methodology used by teams and organizations worldwide.
Versatility of the LEGO® Serious Play® (LSP) methodology is very powerful and can support teams in a various situations and setups:
- getting team closer together and improve communication
- driving innovation and filling I/R pipeline with new and fresh ideas
- setting up a new vision
- planning organizational changes and their implementation
- giving an opportunity to express everyone in a team – even quiet and usually passive team members
All that while maintaining business environment and improving engagement and boosting creativity.
Communication, ideation, alignment, simple applications. Individual model building, introduction to team. Setting goals, one to one feedback, opening up and sharing with group.
Typical applications: Introduction to yearly planning, understanding dynamics in teams, new leader or team members, ideation session, seminar break-out sessions.
Teams and departments
Shared vision, strategic direction. Entertaining team building with meaningful output. Identification of issues and building solutions. Giving and receiving individual and shared feedback.
Typical applications: Communication enhancements, new product entry, innovation workshop, new business model, organizational and management changes, off-site team building.
4 h – 2 days
Complex issues and multiple stakeholders. Strategic challenges and organizational changes. New systems and processes set up. Merge and acquisitions. Build, analyze and fine tune your business model.
Typical applications: Strategic meeting, war games exercise, post-acquisition introduction, redesigning processes, crises management, new management and company direction.
2-3 days +
- Team communication – Enhancing what works and addressing issues in a team (1-2 days)
- Innovation session – Building new products without barriers (1-2 day)
- Annual planning – Visualization and prioritization of projects and tasks (1/2 – 1 day)
- First time leaders – Learning to provide and receive constructive feedback (1-2 days)
- Ideation session – Boosting creativity for the best results (2 – 4 hours)
- Adaptation process – Driving new employee from first entry to full potential (1/2 – 1 day)
- Formulation of New business model – Real time modelling – (1-2 days)
- Organizational changes – Build new structure and see the interaction (1-2 days)
- Company or Team values – Building new identity and implementation (1-2 days)
- Using LEGO® Bricks at the meeting – Facilitated discussion (1-4 hours)
- Team Building – Entertainment and team approach with tangible outputs (1-2 days)
LSP is NOT a standalone training. It is a tool boosting the communication, interactivity and creativity – and it is THE vehicle to deliver best results of team work. Thanks to a variability and flexibility of the familiar bricks and careful facilitation of experienced LSP trainer.
See this real case study from our training, which improved communication between teams. Learn how LSP can help you as well.
Explore more about our tailored workshops
Video with methodology principles
More examples from our training events documenting how versatile LEGO® Serious Play® can be.
LSP is based on the following assumptions:
- Leaders don’t have all the answers. Their success is dependent on hearing and engaging all the voices in the room.
- People naturally want to contribute, be a part of something bigger and take ownership.
- Allowing each member to contribute and speak out results in a more sustainable business.
LSP was developed as a way for groups to interact so that afterwards:
- New insights have been uncovered and everyone’s experiences, knowledge, and understanding have been tapped into.
- Team members feel more confident and motivated to act on knowledge that was shared.
- Team members feel more committed to shared action.
Do you have any special LEGO requests? Any unique “block” for your team? We understand that all teams and individuals are not the same.
Please contact us to discuss it together! We can easily schedule individual LEGO demonstration and we would be thrilled to have a conversation about your needs!
tel: +41 79 599 1660
Disclaimer: The programs conducted by Developien.ch are not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by LEGO® Education or the LEGO® Group. LEGO®, the LEGO® logo and the Brick are trademarks of the LEGO® Group. We respect and align with the LEGO® Serious Play® trademark guidelines. We use the LEGO® Serious Play® method described in the LEGO Group Open Source Guide made available by LEGO® under a Creative Commons license ‘Attribution Share Alike’.